Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Emails & double posting

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited May 2008 in NewBuddhist.com
We had a server issue this week that prevented email from going out from the site and may have also been the cause of some double-posting or pages taking a long time to load. If you got a bunch of email yesterday, it's because Brian found the root of the problem and all the queued up emails got unstuck and several thousand went out at once :D

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, I got a couple thousand myself. Well, maybe not that many...

Palzang
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2008
    matt wrote: »
    We had a server issue this week that prevented email from going out from the site and may have also been the cause of some double-posting or pages taking a long time to load. If you got a bunch of email yesterday, it's because Brian found the root of the problem and all the queued up emails got unstuck and several thousand went out at once :D

Thanks Matt! Yes I did finally get one from my grandma!

(She's been dead four years!)

:lol:

Ah well...It will make Boo pleased to hear that... every post she's posted, virtually, has ben a double one!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Yes, I am pleased! I thought my mouse was faulty...:)
    So glad the problem's cleared up.
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Don't worry Boo, I was having the same problem as well.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Hey, Double Posts are just fine, especially when Brigid makes 'em. Anything she says is worth hearing at least twice.

I mean, she calls 'em as she sees 'em, and unlike some women down here in the Carolinas she's not afraid to call a mouse a mouse. Believe me, some just can't say the word and call the thing that moves the cursor a "rabbit." Too funny.

Anyway, last week I, too, was experiencing delays in getting my posts through, and when I re-hit the Submit Reply button, the "system" told me that I was not allowed to make another post in a certain short time-frame (I don't recall the exact language used.). In other words, I couldn't have made a double post if I wanted to (Correct me if I am wrong, please.). Odd, isn't it, that there seems to be different modes at work. I use a Macintosh. Perhaps that makes a difference?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2008
    Nirvy,
    You use a Mac? I think I'll PM you about that because my PC is over 6 years old now which is pretty long in the tooth and I'm having more and more trouble with it as it ages. I have some money saved for my next computer and I've been seriously thinking about going the Mac route. So if it's okay, may I ask you some questions about it via PM? They'll be pretty basic questions as I have pretty basic computer knowledge.

P.S. Thanks for the lovely compliment, Nirvy. You're sweet.