Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

another casualty - the meditation thread

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited June 2005 in NewBuddhist.com
Well, as part of our practice of non-attachment, this site itself has decided to test us by killing yet another thread :lol:

hope you weren't too attached to the "meditation" thread, because the database ate it :(

Now I am convinced that there is a platform issue. I am going to get to the bottom of this so that we don't have to worry about losing threads anymore.

Sorry about this, folks. I'm working on it :(

Comments

• SabineSabine Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Ah, well. We can start a new one, if necessary ^_^
    And earlier today, a few hours ago, I couldn't read any of the subforums :/ The page that came up said something about e-mailing the admin? :confused: I'm sorry, I really should have saved the message.
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I blame Simon. :bigclap:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2005
    I accept.

:eek:
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Sabine, no worries. When that happens, i get hundreds of emails from the database engine :)
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited June 2005
    We forgive you Simon. Well Brian doesn't. I don't care he says about you. YOu are a class act. LOL :lol:
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited June 2005
    ^_^
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    Comic, do you want a wooden spoon for all that stirring....? :lol:
    I'm glad it's not me (for a change!) I thought I was doing something wrong.... or that Google was going googly....

Brian.... didn't all these problems start around the time the front page got created? Or is it my imagination? Not trying to apportion blame, just trying to pinpoint a time-frame....;
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2005
    isn't meditation fun - ??!!?? :lol:
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited June 2005
    No, actually these problems are load related. I don't think the server that I'm currently on is made for the kind of traffic that this site has started to get recently. This server is one of my old favorites. It was my very first server when I started a hosting company :D

But the time for nostalgia is over. I'm moving this site to a server that is more capable of handling this site, probably tomorrow. Expect some downtime, but it should be minimal.
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited June 2005
    Poor Simon...
    edited June 2005
    poor Simon my foot.... if he'd been a bit more liberal with all those cream cakes he had.....!!
    (I'd now be 20lbs heavier....!! Mmmmm!! Strawberry individual tartlet with unwhipped double cream....!! Summer & Wimbledon are here....!! :) *swoon*!