Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dear Fiends

NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `  South Carolina, USA Veteran
edited April 2009 in General Banter
HaHa! Ya gotta be BAD to look on here.

What sort of mischief amuses you?

One of my favorites is what I sometimes do when walking out of a room with five or more people in it. I pop the question: "Hey, what's the difference between a grown-up and a child?"

After a pause, I say, "A grown-up can leave a room full of people without playing with the light-switch on the way out."

Then I give the switch a tiny little nudge and demonstrate my childishness.

What sort of (harmless?) mischief amuses you or do you take part in, anywhere?

Any monkish misbehaviors?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2009
    "Never trust anyone who can sit in a room with a tea cosy and NOT try it on for size....."

"Setting a good example to children takes all the fun out of middle age".

You'll die regretting the things you DIDN'T do, not the things you did.

The mystery is not why children get up to mischief.
    The mystery is why do we stop?

When next you see a pile of leaves - jump in them.

And when next it snows, catch a flake on your tongue.
    Or try to see one in its resplendent six-pointed glory, before it melts. It's unique......
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited March 2009
    slide on the bare floor in your socks - nothing like it!
  • edited March 2009
    Wave at people in cars who you don't know - they will go miles arguing who you are.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2009
    Don't obsolete 50,000, 1/2 inch acrylic balls in your production area. Oh!, and don't put them in Ted's overhead cabinet so that when he opened it, they bounced and bipped all over his head and desk and floor. Cuz I would never do that.

Honest.

Or tape the little phone thingy down (the one that pops up when you pick up the receiver) - so that even though the phone rings and they pick up the hand set - the phone never actually "connects" - then they sit there going "Hello?" "Hello??" "HELLO!?" "H E L L O !?!?!!?!"

Cuz I would never do that either.

-bf
  • LesCLesC Bermuda Veteran
    edited March 2009
    I like messin' with people's heads, particularly any form of Govt. clerks and airline ticket agents.

One of my faves is when I register my car (we have 5 digit license numbers), the clerk says "What is your car number?". I reply "1383". To which I get an icy "You mean ZERO 1383". To which I reply "Zero is not a number, it's symbol which represents the ABSENCE of a number". And the silence that follows is deafening!

Also airport ticket agents... when they ask "Has anyone placed anything in your luggage without your knowledge?". I respond "How would I know?". Ditto silence.

Like I always say... "I have to grow old, but I don't have to grow up!!".
  • edited April 2009
    Magwang wrote: »
    slide on the bare floor in your socks - nothing like it!

I read this and couldn't help but think of that scene in "Risky Business" where Tom Cruise was dancing to a Bob Seger tune.