Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Friendship on this Online Sangha

NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `  South Carolina, USA Veteran
edited September 2009 in Sanghas
Somebody who contributed to this forum regularly has said, "Time to Say Goodbye."

I responded —in fact, twice. The truth is I was saddened, and extremely. I guess I really rely on people on this site, even though I don't keep in contact as I should. I assume people know most of us are extremely busy.

Well, those words quoted above brought Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman's performance to mind. Below are some of the Italian words, but the url has all, both Italian and the translation: Time to Say Goodbye.

Andrea:
When you're far away I dream of the horizon and words fail me.
And of course I know that you're with me, with me.
You, my moon, you are with me.
My sun, you're here with me with me, with me, with me.

Time to say goodbye.
Places that I've never seen or experienced with you.
Now I shall, I'll sail with you upon ships across the seas,
seas that exist no more,

Both Sarah and Andrea:
I'll revive them with you.
I'll go with you upon ships across the seas,
seas that exist no more,
I'll revive them with you.
I'll go with you.

You and me.

We learn so much from other people and when they go away it's hoped that they'll take what they've absorbed from us with them and come back enriched to visit us someday.

Both in the noological sphere and in the physical sphere we owe a huge debt to so many people. In the sheer legal sense, many people are sprung from a common ancestor, but the way it works genealogically and biologically, we have twice as many ancestors every generation before us. In other words, it's truer to put it the other way around and say that we're sprung from a multitude of ancestors — an exponential curve in reverse. It's so silly when people talk of the French or British royalty being descended from the line of King David or whatever. It doesn't work that way, really.

Getting back to Bocelli and Brightman, I believe a horizon is quite a frightening and sad thing without a keen sense of having friends being beyond it who know the way back. Friends carry each other in their hearts alway and horizons exist just to give us some peace and perspective.

My childhood, my best friend.