Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• skullchinskullchin Veteran
    edited October 2009
    I love Jon Kabat Zinn! I got into mindfulness meditation over a year ago partly due to doing some of his relaxation exercises on CD. :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited October 2009
    His book 'Full Catastrophe Living' has been helping me deal for a few years now. I really like him too.
  • edited October 2009
    Brigid wrote: »
    His book 'Full Catastrophe Living' has been helping me deal for a few years now. I really like him too.

oh good - i hoped someone would mention this guy. Full catastrophe living is a great book and clearly written - has helped me with health anxiety and coming to terms with health problems. I am reading it alongside thich nhat hahn's the heart of buddha's teaching- good intro to Buddhist teachings.

I guess that's like saying: 'i'm really into music i've got Sergeant Pepper's lonely hearts club band and Beethoven's 5th!' Obvious huh? Still masterpieces though:bowdown:
  • edited October 2009
    The book and audiobook Wherever You Go, There You Are is a wonderful introduction to meditation. There was a time when I listened to the audiobook repeatedly because I found it put me into a meditative state. It's very thoughtfully done. I'm returning to it now, since I have returned to meditation practice.

I haven't read the book (though I'd like to), but I've listened to the audiobook of Full Catastrophe Living Compared to Wherever You Go... it's a more bare boned presentation, tougher, yet still effective.

Kate