Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Prayer Wheel

edited July 2005 in Buddhism Basics
I have been searching the internet for a small Buddha statue to add to my meditation alter, and I have seen someting called a "Prayer Wheel". Can someone please tell me what that is? Here is an example of one:

https://kharmakhameleon.com/kk_item_dtl.cfm?q_iid=524

And what are you supposed to do with an "Offering Bowl"? Who are you offering things to and what are you supposed to offer? :confused:

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited July 2005
  • edited July 2005
    That's perfect - thanks! I didn't know I could find a Buddha Statue at Target. I love that place! Were you able to buy it at the store, or did you have to buy it online and pay shipping fees?
    edited July 2005
    I bought that bad boy right at the store today!

I also found a couple of cool ones at a World Market store (I think that's what they are called) that were made out of white sand and held a tea light.

Michael

P.S. I found this one in the candle area. I also found another in the home isles (for $20) of Buddha kneeling that was much larger. Then, online, they've got the metal ones you can buy for outdoors if you wish.

Target may have some good karma coming it's way!
  • edited July 2005
    How funny.....just the other day, my husband and i drove past the World Market store by us and I said to him "OH! I bet I could find some good stuff in there for my altar and to redecorate our home!!". He gave me "the look" and the kept driving. LOL. He is SO supportive, but gets tired of me redecorating the house all the time! Anyways, I think I need to make a trip to World Market. Thanks!
    edited July 2005
    duh!

aisle - not isles...

has anyone seen my head?
    edited July 2005
    well, in case i was obscure...

they have 3 different ones just at target.

michael
  • edited July 2005
    I wll be visiting Target tomorrow! Thanks for the tip.