Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hey SimonThePilgrim...

edited July 2005 in General Banter
I hope you don't mind me asking you this, but why does it say "Fertiliser In Waiting" under your name?? :)

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    That's because he is going to turn into fertilizer when he dies. I get the impression that he is a believer that this life is it. Just my impressions form our Grandfatherly member. All my respect to you Simon. :bowdown:
  • edited July 2005
    That makes sense! I thought maybe him and his wife were trying to have a baby or something!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2005
    This body and 'gross' mind will transform, at death, back into their composing elements. It is my hope that they will, indeed, be fertiliser.

The 'title' arose from a title that I was given in another community. It was grandiloquent and too flattering, so I asked that "Future Fertiliser" be added.

I truly have no idea what, if anything, awaits after death or how we can experience it. It also seems less and less important to the way I live life in the here and now. One of the things that I always spoke to in my days as a teaching Christian is that the message is about the reconciled state being here, now; not at the end of some imaginary journey. When I met Dzogchen, I found the same undestanding.

In this moment, this life is all there is and the Teachers all suggest to me that we need to live it with full and focused awareness. The future will arise as it arises.

Hope that solves the little puzzle. As for kids, 7 to date, 5 still living, 4 grandchildren and (I think) another on the way!
  • edited July 2005
    Thank you for the explanation, Simon! From your post, it reads as though you have lost 2 children, and for that I am very sorry. I just have one two year old little girl now, and I can't ever imagine her not being in my life. My heart goes out to you and your family!
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Just let us know if you have another Grandbaby for sure. :bigclap: