Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sitting in Lotus Position

edited July 2005 in Sanghas
Does anyone work in an office all day? I work part time and I am trying to sit in Lotus position while I am at my desk. It is actually quite comfortable, however, the sides of my chair are starting to dig into my thighs. Does anyone know of a good type of chair I could get so that I could sit in this position at my desk?

Comments

• comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Move your stuff onto the floor. LOL. I cant do lotus until my bad ankle heals. I spranged it badly last summer and it still bothers me. It popped four times as my weight was put on it. It hurt really bad.
  • edited July 2005
    OUCH! I have broken both ankles several times (played basketball all my life, including through college), so they start hurting pretty bad after sitting in Lotus position for a while. That's why I am trying to sit in it at work...so that I can get more practice. I would love to sit on the floor, but I don't think my boss would go for it!
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited July 2005
    I've never broken any bones. I have had a lot of other things happen. It seems that everything that hapens to me seems to be a permanent injury. At least as permanent that permanent can get in my lifetime. I had to say that because I know it would have started a whole new discussion. LOL
  • edited July 2005
    Check to see if the arms are bolted or screwed on. If they are go to your boss and tell him you would like to remove them. Then go on to explain that if you are comfortable that you will be more productive and able to do your job much better.
  • edited July 2005
    Comic...you are lucky. I have broken almost everybone in my body! My parents had lots of doctors bills when I was growing up! :)

River - it's not the arms that are in my way, I can move those out of the way. It's the base of the chair. It curves up and out, so when I sit cross-legged, it presses on my thighs. Does that make sense? Maybe I will just bring in a pillow and put it across my chair.
  • edited July 2005
    Ok I get it now. Its hard for someone of limited flexiblities like myself to immagine the problem would be from that direction. I would think that a pillow might do the job, or even a towel folded a few times might offer alittle more comfort.