Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Friendships

edited July 2005 in General Banter
Hey all! Bad mood today...1) stubbed my toe...2) dad almost fell off the roof...and 3)friend is blowing me off. One of my friends...not saying who...has been staying away from me all weekend. Now I am supposed to go on vacation next week and my friend has something to do everyday from 8:00-2:00. So this was sort of the last sleepover before vacation. I was highly anticipating what fun we were going to have on those fateful hours in the morning. We were planning the sleepover the week before and well through the week itself.
The Night of the Sleepover...
I was getting ready for what I thought would be a fun night. I called him up around 7:30 and asked if I could come over. Out of nowhere..."Oh, I am going over "my friends" (real name censored) house for the night!" BAM! Out of nowhere...after a week's worth of planning...gone! All my anticipation...gone! "Maybe you can sleep over tomorrow night, my family is going to church tomorrow anyways (Saturday) and I'll just go with them so we won't have to go to Church and wake up early.
The Day After...
I recently woke up around 3:30...working on a roof sure beats you up...and I got ready for Church. My mom was the only one available so we went to the normal 4:30 mass on Saturday so I wouldn't have to go tomorrow. When we got there I looked around for his car...didn't see it but we were 10 minutes early so I thought he might come later. Mass is over...still didn't see his car. Maybe they went to a different Church?
6:30 p.m.
He calls, "Hey"
Me, "Did you go to Church today?"
He, "No...I went paintballing with "my friend".
He then asked his mom if I could sleepover that night and just sleep at his house until they got back from Church. No luck...his mom said no. There it went away...the last sleepover before vacation...always the best one. He then continued on saying that I could come over tomorrow in the afternoon.
The Next Afternoon
I got up around 11:58. I watched some television while still thinking that I was visiting his house today. He said he would call...but that call never came. I spent the day having fun with my family and working outside. I played The Game of Life with my mom and almost watched my dad fall off the roof with a 3/4"x8' piece of plywood. Thank God nothing happened and so I went inside to cool off and settle down to make myself dinner. The call once again never came. So that was it. He blew me off three times this weekend...the last weekend before my vacation...to Virginia Beach. Farewell!

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited July 2005
    It strikes me that your friend may not have realized how much you were looking forward to this. I'd be more inclined to put this in the "inconsiderate" category rather than think of it as something with bad intentions attached. I've been in similar circumstances, and I think my best advice is don't dwell on this or let it become an impetous for being short-tempered with your friend. Really, you can sum it up in the Buddhist mantra: just let it go. :)
  • edited July 2005
    well my friend in 7th grade was just ignoring me completely. in school i would try to talk to him but he would walk away. we got through it after about a month or two and this might just be one of those moments in the friendship that we have...not sounding to homosexual about it. i guess i will just wait it out and see what happens. thanks