Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Cold

I have been reading on some interesting meditations. They focus on the elements of your body. I was wondering what everyone's experence is with this. I find it helpful. I have been working on fighting external temperature. If I focus on the warm spot in my body I am amazed at how all the cold just feels like it falls off.

I enjoy doing this, but I have not read on how to move to other elements.

Do you have any insights or advice for someone who has interest in this? (me)

Comments

• fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2009
    The elements have played an important role in my own practice, but as symbols for aspects of awakened mind. You can find more about the approach I've taken in these talks.
  • edited December 2009
    fivebells wrote: »
    The elements have played an important role in my own practice, but as symbols for aspects of awakened mind. You can find more about the approach I've taken in these talks.

I have been trying to listen to these, but the sound quality is poor and I can't understand him. Someone else suggested these to me too. I really wish I could understand what he is saying.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, it took him a while to learn to do a good recording.

This stuff on the elements is covered in his book, too.