Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Posture

FenixFenix Veteran
edited December 2009 in Meditation
If you can imagine for a second how it feels to lift a heavy weight when your tired and you really have to push and how it feels, how you really have to push it to get it up. Now take that and put it into the context of meditation, except its not the area of focus im struggling with really. its everytime I start to "picture" my area of focus I get distracted from the preassure of trying to keep a spine erect.

Esepcially in my lower back. I can get my spine "beutifally" arched but not keep it that way, cause everytime I try to relax or in other words start to focus my posture "collapses". its really distracting, cause I almost think I could concentrate well on my breath, but I always notice that im slouching again. I dont understand how anybody can keep an erect spine, it involves so much back muscle if you want it properly up.

I dont know, maybe my spine is disformed:(

Anybody found the same difficulty or something similar ever?

Comments

• fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2009
    For several years, I sat in a chair and rested against its back. Seemed to work pretty well.
  • FenixFenix Veteran
    edited December 2009
    fivebells wrote: »
    For several years, I sat in a chair and rested against its back. Seemed to work pretty well.

Several years? so why did you change? How did you find the change?
    edited December 2009
    At some point, the discomfort from sitting with my spine unsupported became part of the practice.
  • FenixFenix Veteran
    edited December 2009
    So to make things clear, did it take you several years or did you just do it for that long and decided to change all of a sudden?
    edited December 2009
    My point was simply that it's OK to sit in a chair if you're uncomfortable otherwise. The details of how it evolved in my case don't matter too much.