Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Some books to read for beginners??

edited August 2005 in Buddhism Basics
:-/ I kinda feel like Buddhism is the "right" religion for me, but I would like find som books that, err.... Take up??? Mention??? (why wasnt I more attentive on english lessons?) all (or most of) the basics in Buddhism, like rituals, message... And things like that... HeHe :o
Thanks (på förhand)//Madeleine... :D

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2005
    Hi, Madeleine,

There are many, many books on Buddhism in English (not so sure about Swedish, var sa goo). A couple of good ones for beginners, imho, are What the Buddha Taught by Walpole Rahula, Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki Roshi, The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche, and The Myth of Freedom by Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche. They'll all give you some basic information about what Buddhism is all about, though from very different points of view.

Palzang
  • edited August 2005
    'Awakening the Buddha within' by Lama Surya Das