Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meditation at home and with a group

edited December 2009 in Meditation
Hi! I'm new here. I've been reading about buddhism for many years but I've started more seriously a couple months ago. I'm doing Zazen.
And I have a doubt regarding this practice: I'm going to the dojo once a week but I don't know if it's too early for me to start practicing at home too.
Any advice?
Thx

P.D.: Sorry for my english but I'm from Argentina :D

Comments

• ValtielValtiel Veteran
    edited December 2009
    And I have a doubt regarding this practice: I'm going to the dojo once a week but I don't know if it's too early for me to start practicing at home too.

Not possible.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Juan,
    I was the other way around. I started practicing at home and built up to doing zazen every day and then I started looking for groups to practice with. the idea of doing zazen in a group is that it supports your individual practice so its actually essential that you practice at home, every day if you can.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for the replies!
    That motivates me even more