Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Prayer flags

emmakemmak Veteran
edited August 2005 in General Banter
Does anyone have these at their house? Just curious.

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2005
    I have.
  • feefee
    edited August 2005
    hello

Simon, what do you do with them? Do you ust put them up and leave them there? Is there some kind of ritual you have to undertake before doing it?
    Thanks
  • feefee
    edited August 2005
    And....what is on each one? Do you put your own prayers on them, or do they come with ready made prayers?
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited August 2005
    Here is a link to some quick explanations:
    http://www.hitherandyononline.com/Prayerflags/prayerflags.htm

And I also found some notes on some of the mantras to be found on flags:

prayerflagnotes1se.gif
    The last one (Lah Gyalo: Victory to the Gods!) is the traditional cry of the Tibetan on setting out on a journey and on cresting a mountain pass.
  • feefee
    edited August 2005
    Thanks Simon

I could go mad on that site and buy everything on offer. Such lovely things. Very interesting. Now I want prayer flags to string up in my back garden - which is not much bigger than this computer screen really!
  • emmakemmak Veteran
    edited August 2005
    I have a north facing back verandah, it catches all the sun. I hang the flags along the roof, under the gutter. The 20 flag strings reach the whole length. I hang more and more up when they fade. It is really beautiful. :)