Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Light headed meditation.

edited January 2010 in Meditation
Hello all. I have been meditating for about a two weeks. I get mildly lightheaded when I meditate. I am very relaxed when I do it, just want go make sure I'm not doing it wrong. I would also like some tips for meditating if possible :) thanks,

-David

Comments

• edited January 2010
    If you are meditating using observance of the breath to bring your mind into focus, make sure you are not hyperventilating. Breathe normally.
  • edited January 2010
    I'm not versed enough to give advice on different meditations than what I myself practice, which is observance of the breath.

Find any comfortable sitting position (some might cite specific positions, but I've found it possible otherwise; in fact you can even do this lying down, provided it doesn't interfere with your breathing). Closing your eyes in the beginning will help, since what you're trying to do is to drown out the senses and bring your mind into focus.

Breathe in and out normally, thinking "in" and "out" as you do so, maybe even thinking "without this breath, life ceases" at some point if it helps. Continue to simply remain relaxed and focused on your breath. If you hear a noise, note in your mind that there is noise but don't concentrate on it... return your mind to your breath.

Eventually your mind will become so sharp that you no longer need to concentrate on your breath at all, but can turn your mind to other matters, such as selflessness. With a mind like a razor, you're able to dissect and examine the Buddhist principles on a level our minds are usually nowhere near.

Hope this helps.