Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist Lectures online

edited August 2005 in Buddhism Basics
Prelude:
Heading out on a road trip, and was heading over to archive.org for a few new Grateful Dead bootlegs. But, today, before me I noticed a big link that is one the top of my Dead page every day.

Body:
You can find a couple hundred buddhist lectures online for free download or streaming:
Tse Chen Ling Buddhist Lectures.

If you're not a computer geek, I'll try to put together some simple directions
1) Go to this page
2) Chose from one of the three catagories: "Buddhist teachings", "Spirituality", and "Tse Chen Ling Center"
3) For this example I'm following Spirituality, and then Discovering Buddhism
4) This page presents you with 6 lectures with brief summaries. For this example, I'll chose Death and Dying—Discovering Buddhism -- click on the bold white text containing the title in the blue box.
5) Now, after selecting your title, you are presented with various formats. The easiest is to look to the box on the left where you will see the option
Stream:
Lo-Fi
6) Another option is to scroll down on the page, where you will see:
Tse_Chen_Ling_Losang_Monlam_DB_Death_200409_flac.zip
Tse_Chen_Ling_Losang_Monlam_DB_Death_200409_64kb_mp3.zip
Tse_Chen_Ling_Losang_Monlam_DB_Death_200409_vbr_mp3.zip
These are the various formats you can download to your computer. I would opt for the smaller file size, which is the ...64kb_mp3.zip (note it's the common MP3) -- it's a spoken lecture, you don't need the high end sound and the big size they carry.

Hopefully this will be of some assistance. I don't think the process is as complicated as the directions may make it sound, but YMMV. I can offer more technical details if you run into a problem.

Someone else will have to comment on the "quality" of the lectures. But I'd think that one should be able to find a couple things worth listening to. At present, I'm listening to the stream of Developing a Good Heart which is interesting enough. shrug.

Comments