Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Body Falls?

edited February 2010 in Meditation
Hey all!

During my meditation I find that I reach a point were I don't have much bodily sensation. For example, if I have an itch my mind registers it and then it stops bothering me. It is really lightning fast!

The best way I can explain this feeling of not feeling is like when you are about to fall asleep and you are in between the waking and non-waking worlds. You still know what's going on but the mind doesn't care.

Is this sensation that I'm having what is also known as "the body falling away"?

Comments

• jinzangjinzang Veteran
    edited February 2010
    No, I do not think that is what the phrase means. Keep practicing.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited February 2010
    No. What you are experiencing is just some sensory stuff, just stuff. It will come and go like the sounds in the room and such.
  • skydancerskydancer Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Hi--

I'm new here. Do you have a teacher, Brxan? Sounds like a question to ask a teacher if you have one.
  • edited February 2010
    It's a sensory thing like Richard said.

When you meditate for very long periods of time, sometimes your body will actually jerk or twitch as a reminder to your brain that its still there.
  • edited February 2010
    Thanks!