Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My date

edited August 2005 in Buddhism Basics
I have a new date tonight. We're going for curry.

Comments

• edited August 2005
    Have fun! ^_^
  • edited August 2005
    Have a good time - let us know how it goes! I love curry! :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2005
    I asked my mother, many years ago, what I should and shouldn't do on a date. She, naive to the last, said,
    "Always wipe your mouth between eating and drinking, and avoid sweetcorn, spare-ribs and parsley. They all wedge in your teeth." :doh: :rolleyesc
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2005
    federica wrote:
    I asked my mother, many years ago, what I should and shouldn't do on a date. She, naive to the last, said,
    "Always wipe your mouth between eating and drinking, and avoid sweetcorn, spare-ribs and parsley. They all wedge in your teeth." :doh: :rolleyesc

Before I went on a date, my mother always said...

"Take my dress off and put your own clothes on, you weirdo!"

Ahh... precious memories...

-bf
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited August 2005
    Good luck on your date tonight :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited August 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    Before I went on a date, my mother always said...

"Take my dress off and put your own clothes on, you weirdo!"

Oh, I dunno.... I think you looked quite cute in that slinky off-the-shoulder bias-cut hem lamé little number..... picture it with me now, readers.....
  • feefee
    edited August 2005
    Good luck tonight. Don't eat anything too hot.
    edited August 2005
    yes, as my good friend from Pakistan once told me -
    "The proof of a really good curry is that it's hotter on the way out than it was on the way in....." :eek: ;)
  • edited August 2005
    Well, last night went really well. We talked and laughed and shared a nice goodnight kiss. But we've agreed to be just friends. She only broke up with her last boyfriend a month ago and it's still too early and the scars from my last break-up are still painful, so this probably wasn't the right time. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks for all your words of support.
  • edited August 2005
    By the way, the curry house was packed out so we went for pizza instead.
    edited August 2005
    :doh: !!
    Don't be so defeatist! Just be there for her, as a wonderful and non-pushy companion, and enjoy your dates for the fun and liberty they offer you.... we all talk so much about scars and wounds and pain...for goodness' sake! It's all grist to the mill... all part of life's rich tapestry... and we can either colour it beautiful and use the experience to render us more street-wise, or mourn and complain that it was "oh, so hard..."!! She has a past. you have a past. And that's exactly where they should stay. Carpe Diem.... look forward and plan sunshine....
    Go get her tiger!! :lol: :ukflag:
  • edited August 2005
    It can only start as friends, but like fed said, be there for her she'll realize she likes you a little more. :) I'm glad you had fun!
    By the way fed I really like the new icon! :)
    edited August 2005
    federica wrote:
    Oh, I dunno.... I think you looked quite cute in that slinky off-the-shoulder bias-cut hem lamé little number..... picture it with me now, readers.....

How dare you, madam. To insinuate that my dear, departed mother would wear something as scandalous as a "slink off-the-shoulder bias-cut hem lame little number"!

My mother, God rest her soul, was a librarian for a local Quaker-Amish community! The clothes I wore of hers made neither of us look like a strumptet!

But those knickers sure made me feel pretty....

-bf
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited August 2005
    federica wrote:
    :doh: !!
    Don't be so defeatist! Just be there for her, as a wonderful and non-pushy companion, and enjoy your dates for the fun and liberty they offer you.... we all talk so much about scars and wounds and pain...for goodness' sake! It's all grist to the mill... all part of life's rich tapestry... and we can either colour it beautiful and use the experience to render us more street-wise, or mourn and complain that it was "oh, so hard..."!! She has a past. you have a past. And that's exactly where they should stay. Carpe Diem.... look forward and plan sunshine....
    Go get her tiger!! :lol: :ukflag:

Don't listen to this crap. That "let's be friends" junk is exactly that. JUNK. If you want this girl go after her. If you two decide to be friends then when she gets the new boyfriend she can tell you all about it while you sit there kicking yourself for not acting.
    edited August 2005
    Don't listen to this crap. That "let's be friends" junk is exactly that. JUNK. If you want this girl go after her. If you two decide to be friends then when she gets the new boyfriend she can tell you all about it while you sit there kicking yourself for not acting.

Good point, Comic. Maybe a little harsh, but a good point.

In regards to what Comic said - if you're cool being her "friend" - then that's fine. But, I can guarantee you that if you're just friends - and you want to be more - when she finds another guy - I'm sure this guy isn't going to want her woman to be having "guy" friends that she hangs out with - so it will probably come to an end. If it doesn't, are you comfortable hanging around a woman that your enamored with watching her be enamored with someone else?

Otherwise my friend - I'm afraid this form of attachment to this girl - especially if she finds another guy - is going to cause suffering for you. You might as well act upon it to find out if it's right for the two of you.

I can't help it - whenever I point out things like this, I sound like Yoda.

"Girls lead to girlfriends. Girlfriends lead to smooches. Smooches lead to jiggy. Lack of jiggy leads to suffering. Suffering leads to the Dark Side. Want this woman, you do, young Jedi. Careful, you must be!"

-bf
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited August 2005
    I wasn't trying to be harsh. I was just being honest.
    edited August 2005
    I wasn't trying to be harsh. I was just being honest.

I know you weren't, Comic.

Awwwww... come here... GROUP HUG!

-bf
    edited August 2005
    unfortunately, there is as yet no smiley for sticking your fingers down yer throat.....!! :lol:
    edited August 2005
    Anita wrote:
    It can only start as friends, but like fed said, be there for her she'll realize she likes you a little more. :) I'm glad you had fun!
    By the way fed I really like the new icon! :)

Thanks Anita....but aren't we just a little fascinated by BF's knickers.....?
  • edited August 2005
    I know what buddhafoot's saying and I've been in that situation before. Yes, I believe she is looking for new partners and so am I but I only knew her for a week and was not so enamoured already as to be jealous when she finds someone else. She's a nice girl and we got on well, but that's it. It's not as if I slept with her already.
    edited August 2005
    "In Hertford, Hereford and Hampshire, Hurricanes Hardly ever Happen...."
    fair enough, Windwalker.... just want to see you a happy Bunny, that's all..... :thumbsup:
    Have you considered asking BF for a date? It seems he thinks he might have some trendy sartorial habits.... :lol: J/K!!
    Hope all's cool with you then!