Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Introducing Myself

edited September 2005 in Buddhism Basics
Hi, I just joined the other day and I figgered I'd introduce myself. Let's see...
I live in Northern Michigan with my life partner, and I'm very interested in Buddhism. I have been drawn to it for several years. A couple of years ago when I lived in Los Angeles, I went and sat at a Japanese Zen Buddhist Zen place. It was a great experience. I've since then read a book by Thich Nhat Hanh (Think I'm spelling that right), The Accidental Buddhist, and The Three Pillars of Zen (In the middle of that one now). Just a few days ago, I started doing zazen/sitting.

Anyway, I found this site via Short-Media and I am glad to be here.

Just thought I'd intro myself. :)

Blessings,
Samantha

:)

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2004
    Welcome to the site :)

We should actually create an "introduce yourself" thread.... Now I have a project tonight :D
  • edited September 2004
    Welcome Samantha! Glad to have you here!

I also read the Accidental Buddhist... I thought it was quite humorous as well as quite helpful.
  • edited October 2004
    Brian wrote:
    Welcome to the site :)

We should actually create an "introduce yourself" thread.... Now I have a project tonight :D

Hehehe, thanks for the welcome. :)

Very glad to be here.
  • edited October 2004
    tycho wrote:
    Welcome Samantha! Glad to have you here!

I also read the Accidental Buddhist... I thought it was quite humorous as well as quite helpful.

Thank you :) Yeah, I think I finished that book within 2 days it held me so captive. :)
  • treetop_buddhatreetop_buddha Explorer
    edited September 2005
    wher can i find shuch a book?!
    the acidental buddists
  • edited September 2005
    welcome!!!!!! :woowoo: :mullet:
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Hi Samantha!
    edited September 2005
    yes welcome and i hope that u find the commty fun and understanding! once agin welcome
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Hi.

Welcome.

-bf
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Samantha signed up back in september of 2004! :lol:

I wonder where she went off to... She was another 'local' from my neck of the woods (even though she lives over 300 miles away from me, on the global stage, she's a local :p )
  • edited September 2005
    still, never too late........ :whatever: :mullet:
    edited September 2005
    what do u mean what ever? and 300 miles not that far!!!
  • edited September 2005
    well if you'd like to walk the "not that far" 300 miles, i'll drop you off in rapid!! :mullet: (JK i can't drive)
  • edited September 2005
    Hi,
    Just like you I am totally new.Don't be put of be some of the hard liners. Much of the stuff is very interesting.
    HH