Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What planet are YOU from?

NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `  South Carolina, USA Veteran
edited March 2010 in General Banter
IF it's true that happiness springs from within

What is your true ORIGIN?

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited March 2010
    I come from the planet Kippur-Kippur, where things are always chipper-chipper.

Of course, I don't expect thing on earth (another word for "dirt") to be as fine.

However, that said, I strive to make my current island-earth home conform to my ideal as much as I can.

Kindness is the way.

In spite of the hardships and blows brought about by our fellows, can we forbear with patience the evils of the current day with sweetness, in the knowledge that this will help bring about a better day?

We are not of this world nor from it, nor must we conform ourselves unto its brutal ways.

In much the same way that we tell our children that people of our name do not behave in such-and-such a way, can we not claim the heavenly spaces as our birthright?

All the members of my body and soul remember Kippur-Kippur and 90% of earth's music comes from there, too.

I re-member.

Do YOU?
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited March 2010
    In before Uranus jokes.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm originally from Betelgeuse Five, but I've been repeatedly told that such a place does not exist outside of fiction. Absurd. It was in a book, so clearly it must be truth. Silly nay-sayers.
  • edited March 2010
    Planet Claire.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited March 2010
    I'm from Dharmadhatu. Going back there soon.

Palzang
  • edited March 2010
    catfish island
  • edited March 2010
    Uh, Earth?
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited March 2010
    I'm from Planet Jeffrey... On planet Jeffrey we go on hunting expeditions to collect star metal that has fallen from other places. Using the star metal we trim our toe nails. It is the only metal that is strong enough to cut our toenails which are known to have the greatest tensile strength of all things native to planet Jeffrey.

We also go on expeditions to the other planets to find the source of this star metal. We couldn't find it but we did find an excellent source of stories about our travels.

There is a scientist who has discovered how to transmute these stories into a substance 'beer' which has been shown to accelerate the growth of our toe nails.

I have a theory that the origin of the star metal is from a planet far away known as planet buddha. On planet buddha they also drink beer but because of their super metabolism their toenails are made of star metal.
  • edited March 2010
    You people are all crazy.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited March 2010
    Crazy about you, Karma Dondrup Tashi.
    You're why we came here!