Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Suffering

edited September 2005 in Buddhism Today
Today I was watching CNN and they where reporting on Hurricane Katrina. Americans are already comparing it to the Tsunami which is so overated. Anyway when i saw it I was also thinking of 9/11 and how all those people suffered. As i was thinking about this I thought of a videogame called FinalFantasyX. In the game you travel to a distant land called Spira which is an endless cycle of death until the cycle is broken by a young warrior named Tidus and a summoner named Yuna. In spira There is a being known as Yu Yevon which teaches that if mankind atones for all of its past sins, a being named "Sin" will dissapear. Sin Is supposed to be mankind's punishment. It is a creature that basically just anihilates and kills the people of spira. To stop this mencane, a teenage girl named Yuna alongside Tidus and her guardians try yo rid spira of Sin. Yuna becomes a summoner which is a person who can call upon the power of mystical creatures called "aeons" which are powered by the spirits of the dead called "fayth." Yuna learns that in order to stop sin she must obtain the "Final Aeon." When she discovers this she learns that in order to summon the "Final Aeon" she must sacrifice the person she loves (Tidus) and that she will die once it is summoned. She objects to this and tries to find a way to break the cycle death in Spira. Tidus discovers that when summoners summon the final aeons and defeat "Sin" they become "Sin" and thus "Sin" is reborn. So to stop this Yuna, Tidus, and her guardians discover that Tidus' father Jeht fought alongside Yuna's Father Grand Summoner Braska and Auron to defeat Sin and then becomes Sin. They go inside Sin, kill Jehct, and then kill the Source of all of the suffering of Spira and Sin which is Yu Yevon. After this the cycle is broken and the people of Spira escape the Suffering which it has endured for so long. One thing is for sure suffering is universal and that If you view things with a philisophical view you might find a different meaning than you thought was in it (Final Fantasy X). People just think it is a game but I find it a reflcection of life. I found a great wealth of information in this game and I think it is the begining of my awakening.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    The Buddha always said that Yama was his Guru..... To meditate on Death is a known practise in some schools of Buddhism... but on your own Death, in all its horrifying potential... right down to the final degradation of your bones.... these meditations sometimes take place in graveyards at night.... It is aimed at dispelling any imagined or even real fear of dying..... because it comes to everyone, with NO exception.
    The only Fear most people have is of the Unknown... and it's nothing to be scared of really, at all.
    The trick is to live Life as if each day were your last. Positively, full of Joy and with Universal Compassion and Unconditional Love.

It's a sinch! Jeez, I do it all the time!! :tongue2: :lol: