Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meditation Altars

edited April 2010 in Meditation
Just thought I'd check in and see if anybody has set up a meditation altar. If so, what did you include? Pics? :D

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I have a lovely big gold buddha, a cheap thangka, a zen bell thing, candles, incense and pictures of the tiger I adopted.

But man, it could be a kids crayon drawing of the buddha on the wall and it would have the same effect my alter has on me. For me it's just a reminder to practice.

You can see mine on the far right of this pic.
    IMG_09991.jpg
    Sorry, the focus was on audio gear/workspace since I took the pic for a musicians forum.
  • edited March 2010
    That's an awesome statue...I've been wanting to find one, but most I look at are over $50 bucks!
  • edited March 2010
    buy some clay, and make one yourself (:
  • edited April 2010
    buy some clay, and make one yourself (:

I would be able to do nothing finer than the ball of clay itself! :lol:

Point understood though, and I agree....there is no NEED for a purchased statue. However, it would be nice!
  • edited April 2010
    danny wrote: »
    That's an awesome statue...I've been wanting to find one, but most I look at are over $50 bucks!

Well, if you go smaller there are two at DharmaCrafts under $50:

One for $29

One on sale for $44

And while statues are more traditional, you can always go with a picture of a statue in a standing frame. Still gives you a nice and appropriate visual focus but for less money.

Just my own insane .02