Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Meditation is simple

edited April 2010 in Meditation
This is TheFounds new take on meditation, aimed towards the new guys who may benefit from this..

don't waste your time freaking out about about the details..who cares about breathing...someday you won't breath, forget about breathing.

forget about concentrating, sometimes you can't concentrate..

forget about SITTING...you really think something so epic would have all sorts of limits,
meh...sitting postures, breathing, concentrating, imagining.. that's all just training wheels....

check it out:

it's all only about "tuning"

If i say more than this it will cause problems, because words are limiting.
If I try to explain "Tuning" it will diminish what I actually mean.

you get it though,

Comments

• GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited April 2010
    I suspect what you are talking about is simply mindfulness with whatever you are doing. This kind of mindfulness, while important as a pre-requisite to sitting meditation, is insufficient in and of itself for the goal of awakening. Eventually you are going to have to enter Jhana, which you can't do while mowing the lawn for example.
  • edited April 2010
    i've actually found pruning to be a much more beneficial type of mentation..... and mindlessness when you're ceaseless