Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Really useful household hint

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited October 2005 in General Banter
Elsewhere, a friend has posted this wonderful hint for all those of us who have far better things to do with our time than to do the housework:

Always keep several Get Well cards on the mantel...so if unexpected guests arrive,
they will think you've been sick and unable to clean............

Comments

• edited September 2005
    :bigclap: :rolleyes:

Thats cute!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    ....Simon, given your impending vist to Hospital.... maybe you'd give us your address.... then you'd have an international collection of them on your mantelpiece - and you'd be telling the truth...!!

Won't put a date on mine - !! :lol:
  • SarSar
    edited September 2005
    What a great idea! :bigclap:
  • edited September 2005
    Simon, I am totally in agreement with Fed. Let us know.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    But if I post my address, I might have those two loons and their 'bus turning up LOL

Where are they anyway? Aren't we fun enough for them?
  • edited September 2005
    Simon, I'll send you one from Sussex. It's not international but, as they say, it's the thought that counts !
    edited September 2005
    I have become so insular, Frizzer, that Wiltshire appears to be abroad. LOL
  • edited September 2005
    Ha ha ah! Our village is very much like that.
    If anyone has seen "An American Weirwolf In London", the Slaughtered Lamb pub at the beginning of the film is very much like our local ! Conversation stops dead if a stranger comes in :grin:

"We don't loik strangers round 'ere!!"
    edited September 2005
    Cold Comfort Farm is set in 'darkest Sussex', I think. And I have been to West Sussex (my sister lives there). It's all those large figures made out of wicker that are less-than-encouraging! :crazy:
  • edited September 2005
    all those large figures made out of wicker that are less-than-encouraging! :crazy:

HUH???!!! Large figures made out of wicker?
    edited September 2005
    A reference to that wonderful film The Wicker Man which did not, however, take place in West Sussex but about as far away from it as is possible in the British Isles. The Romans libelled our Druids by saying that they burned people alive inside wicker images.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    If anyone did that to me, I'd really make sure they really need a "Get Well" card.. LOL