Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Jainism

edited September 2005 in Faith & Religion
I am still learning. I would like to know more.

Comments

• edited September 2005
    I have learned that Jains(sp) are very firm belivers in Karma. They even go as far as to cover their mouths with a gauze cloth so not to breath in or eat a bug. They only eat durning to day so they can see, they only move and take in as much as they need to survive. Some true Jains belive that even breathing in air is Bad Karma because of the little being/things that live in the air.

I was told that in India they have an air condishioned(sp!) building/hostiple for birds (note: I'm really bad at spelling) and they heal and help birds there, even though they are taking up space with the building and killing air beings, they belive that if they save a bird, the karma is greater.

Thats them in a nutshell I guess.
  • edited September 2005
    wow thanks for informing me. I thought no one new about jainism because no one would relply to my post.
  • edited September 2005
    lol Yeah, well I had to study it for a while. Still am actually, its very intersting and the things they do are so odd. I really don't get how they live like that.
  • angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited September 2005
    hi,
    if i am not mistaken,their priests dont wear clothes(totally naked) and use some kind of brush to sweep the road in front of them so that they wont harm any single insect or animal
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Jains are a wonderful example to the rest of us, as are Parsis: they take their beliefs seriously!
  • edited September 2005
    Don't you ever think that they go overboard though?