Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

problem meditatting

edited May 2010 in Meditation
i want to continue my breath meditation, but my focus goes up to my third eye....i've been practicing third eye meditation for a while and now i can't focus elsewhere

should i keep meditating on my third eye?

metta

Comments

• aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited May 2010
    I would be better to pull yourself out of the rut. It will take effort, but it is worth it.

With warmth,

Matt
  • GuyCGuyC Veteran
    edited May 2010
    You can use a noting technique. When you are practicing Anapanasati (Mindfulness of Breathing) and your intention is to focus on the breath, yet your mind wanders elsewhere, simply note whatever the distraction is three times and return to the breath. So, for example, you become aware that the mind "wants" to focus on the third eye, you just note "third eye, third eye, third eye" and return to the breath. Hopefully, as a result of this, you will make the process more conscious and therefore you will spot the habit earlier and eariler until it no longer occurs.
  • DhammaDhatuDhammaDhatu Veteran
    edited May 2010
    hi

my advice is to simply let go

when the mind floats up, let it float up

just let go of control and let the mind & awareness establish itself where it wishes to be

it is important to understand the buddha did not teach mindfulness of breathing

he taught mindfulness with breathing

right mindfulness is letting go & letting be

when it is time for the breathing to come along for the ride, it will

then there will be mindfulness with the breathing, together

until then, mindfulness is the practise

i say right mindfulness is setting the mind free from attachment & craving, from judgements & busyness

best wishes

:)
  • edited May 2010
    third eye??????
  • edited May 2010
    Does third eye meditation work for you?