Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Speaking one's mind and keeping to the point

NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `  South Carolina, USA Veteran
edited May 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
It's too bad that some mechanism on this forum doesn't stop us from making two consecutive posts in a fifteen minute span.

If, in that time, you must clarify or expand, then just go back and edit your post.

It's tiresome having to read through all the little nonsensical censurings and trifling definitions that seem to come about this way. I'd ruther just see them in one long post which I can then just ignore.

I mean, when you express a single feeling, it's ridiculous to be told that you're contradicting yourself.

There sure are some unbelievably simplistic attitudes being expressed here lately.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    It might give one pause.
  • edited May 2010
    .....Or would it?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Nirvana wrote: »
    It's too bad that some mechanism on this forum doesn't stop us from making two consecutive posts in a fifteen minute span.
    Such a mechanism exists.
    It's called self-control.
    If, in that time, you must clarify or expand, then just go back and edit your post.
    You'd be surprised at how many times I have begun a post, then simply either not finished it, or failed to submit it.
    It's tiresome having to read through all the little nonsensical censurings and trifling definitions that seem to come about this way. I'd ruther just see them in one long post which I can then just ignore.
    That would be a luxury, wouldn't it? Imagine that - not reading posts for a few days, letting the storm pass, then coming back in and saying "Now..... where was I?" :)
    I mean, when you express a single feeling, it's ridiculous to be told that you're contradicting yourself.
    :p
    well, let's face it - I'm sure we all do that from time to time.
    I never do of course.
    Only sometimes.......
    There sure are some unbelievably simplistic attitudes being expressed here lately.
    This too shall pass.
    We cannot gaze on the same river twice......
    Let it flow.
    ultimately - it's all nonsense. ;)
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited May 2010
    federica wrote: »
    Let it flow.
    ultimately - it's all nonsense. ;)

Not so! Some people, such as you, are sanity itself.

I do, however, beg not to be misunderstood. I don't mind one little bit when people are allowed to make complete fools of themselves. It does, however, detract from the ability to have a reasonable conversation.

I trust the shouting matches on FOX NEWS and MSNBC are not being appropriated by all of society as models to be replicated.
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Nirvana wrote: »
    Not so! Some people, such as you, are sanity itself.

I do, however, beg not to be misunderstood. I don't mind one little bit when people are allowed to make complete fools of themselves. It does, however, detract from the ability to have a reasonable conversation.

I trust the shouting matches on FOX NEWS and MSNBC are not being appropriated by all of society as models to be replicated.

What? You are speaking ridiculousness. This is obviously because you are a bad Buddhist and have never contemplated the actual words of the Buddha. Sheesh, go back to your church and worshiping of Jesus.

With warmth,

Matt
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited May 2010
    Mimickry, unlike flattery, might get you somewhere.

Nice!