Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Toaism

edited September 2005 in Faith & Religion
Hi everyone, :wavey:

Been looking at this forum for a few days and I haven't come across any toaism yet.
Just like to know what people know and think about it - given its similarities with buddhism (particularly zen).

Comments

• PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited September 2005
    First off, it's Taoism. And yes, you're quite correct, Taoism was joined with Buddhism to create Ch'an, or Zen, as they call it in Japan. It bears a lot of resemblance to Buddhism with its still point meditation and so forth. Certainly if you read Lao Tzu you can see the similarity. There are many similarities between Taoism and Buddhist philosophy, such as the cyclical nature of time and so forth. How it is currently being practiced I'm not so familiar with.
  • edited September 2005
    Is there any equivelent in buddhism of tao( as in a sorta life force throughout the universe)?
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited September 2005
    I believe in a lifeforce, but it's not something pernament. More of your energy radiating off and having some kind of quantum disorder.