Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hello from Allen

edited September 2005 in Sanghas
Hi Brian. I just joined this. Don't give up. Ten years ago I believed that the quality of my life would not get better unless I had some sort of spiritual program. Since I really knew nothing of religion, God or spirituality I decided to begin studying. I started with mystic authors then went to Esoteric Philosophy, exoteric philosophy, Buddhism, Theosophy and finally decided to stay with what I believed came from the Trans Himalayan Lodge. Buddhism was part of that. I'll keep this as simple as possible. I liked what one teacher said. That truth was the highest religion. But where do you find it in all the scriptures and manuscripts. I did it on my own, sort of. I also believe I was led to it. In one scripture it says "seek and you will find". If you really want the truth you will find it, with help from those behind the scenes, our protectors and guides. You have to "really" want it. Be on fire for it. Everything else in your life will fall into place when you start doing the right things. Begin the discipline and start purifying yourself - physically, emotionally and mentally. I would suggest start with concentraion exercises following whatever discipline you decide, like Buddhism. Hook up with a teacher if possible to help you. I learned if I was being kind, harmless, and helping my fellow brothers and sisters everything else would be ok. Things will start happening that will be to strange to be coincidence. Good things. Send a reply if you like. I will pray for you. Don't underestimate prayer. Take care.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    hello Allen and welcome. thank you for your insightful and succinct story.
    Truth has many guises, but ultimately, it's what we know works for us, and providing it is constructive, positive and hurts no-one, how can we go wrong....? :)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Hi Allen!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Hi Allen. I'm not too clear on the context of your post, as it doesn't really relate to Jen122121's question, so I'm going to split this off into a new thread. But at any rate, welcome to our site! :)
  • edited September 2005
    Welcome to our site!!