Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

miscellany...

buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
edited October 2005 in Buddhism Today
miscellany...

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get Brian to give away a new house, car OR load of cash for members here?

www.worldchristiantimes.net

World Christian Times

Oh crap. I had never read anything like this. I was kind of hoping that Buddhism was above this. But, no matter what... Buddhism is above this sort of behavior. It's just that "some people" are not...

www.ex-cult.org/fwbo/JDestremps.htm

FWBO - Couple Years Old

We know that meditating is one of the important parts of a Buddhist's practice. But, one thing people may not spend too much time thinking about is: "how Siddartha (and other ascetics) had been meditating before Siddartha's enlightenment". How far back does meditation go as a practice? Good question, eh? Too bad I don't have anything to either support or answer this question! But I do have a link on meditation and Hinduism...

www.tm.org

Transcendental Meditation Organization

-bf

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Yeah, Brian, hey, I got this brain wave, but I can't contribute much if this idea is formed...

Why not those of us who can afford it (I wll definitely do it next time once I got the cash) build a REAL temple somewhere in the world? Where we can call OUR temple? Man we could house monks and spread the Dhamma well... But I know this gonna hurt alot in the pockets... Wait for me to grow up, then I'll throw my savings in.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Well, Ajani, there are many temples already out there which would welcome your donations!

Palzang
    edited October 2005
    Let's just say that I practise a little bit of inter-school racism... :tongue2:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    How are the exams going, ajani?
    edited October 2005
    Finished last week, results next week. Can hardly wait to see them, hardly.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    ajani_mgo wrote:
    Let's just say that I practise a little bit of inter-school racism... :tongue2:

Inter-school rivalry is good; inter-school racism is not.