Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Zen books

NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
edited July 2010 in Buddhism Basics
Well, it's been a long time since I read something, and suddenly, boredom and the impulse to read made me search some books about zen on romanian pages. Now, the problem is that, although there are a few books about zen in my country, I don't know which are destined to be read by beginner. What books about zen would you recommend to a novice ?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Well, it's been a long time since I read something, and suddenly, boredom and the impulse to read made me search some books about zen on romanian pages. Now, the problem is that, although there are a few books about zen in my country, I don't know which are destined to be read by beginner. What books about zen would you recommend to a novice ?

Try Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by S Suzuki. It's one of my favorites.
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Try Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by S Suzuki. It's one of my favorites.

Too bad I can't find it in Romanian anymore :(. Well, I'll accept it in English if it is the situation :D. My first intention was to get a list of recommended reading first, and then see which books from the list are on the Romanian market.
    edited July 2010
    Still, any books you would recommend ?
  • NamelessRiverNamelessRiver Veteran
    edited July 2010
    You can find the translated Shobogenzo online for free.
    edited July 2010
    Thank you...I'll look for it :D.