Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Unbalanced

edited July 2010 in Meditation
A cool thing happened to me today.

When I woke up this morning I had a difficult time standing up and walking around because the entire world seemed to be out of kilter.

This isn't anything new. It has happened before. I get days where I'm off balanced and have difficulties focusing on things because the world is a little fuzzy.

No, I don't drink.

This morning was the first time I tried to meditate when having one of these spells. The first few minutes were horrible. I almost fell onto my left side a couple of times. Something happened when I was focusing on my breath though. The feeling went away. I noticed this when I was far into my meditation as a little "hey, we aren't falling over" message.

After my meditation the feeling came back. It lasted for about six hours but is gone now.

Just thought how it was cool that meditation made me feel good in the moment.

Comments

• lightwithinlightwithin Veteran
    edited July 2010
    It's good that meditation helped you feel better at the time, but this doesn't seem or sound normal to me. What exactly do you mean when you say the world is "off kilter"? is it a balance issue where you feel dizzy or like you're falling, kind of like vertigo? Impaired vision doesn't sound like a good sign either.

You should probably have a checkup if this happens often. Can't hurt to be on the safe side. There could be a number of things causing these feelings.
  • edited July 2010
    Thank you for your concern.

This has been happening to me since I was a child. I think it has something to do with my inner ear. Most of the time I'm alright but sometimes it gets really bad. The worst it got was when I was about thirteen. I couldn't crawl on my knees without falling over.

I haven't had a bad spell like that in a long time. Not even close.

It has got to the point were it will happen about once a year and it isn't too bad. Just like today.

I don't have a family doctor that I can go to and if it got real bad I would go to the emergency room. Having a shortage of doctors in the area does make things a little difficult.