Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

First Centre

edited July 2010 in Sanghas
Wen't to my first Buddhist centre:
http://www.palpung.org.uk/index.html

Got to say I loved it, so peaceful and I didn't realise they had a proper Tibetan monk lol. Felt a lot better than walking into a church:eek:

Meditation wasn't the best as for some reason I seem to meditate better on my own. I can honestly say though I will definatelt consider becoming a Buddhist.

Anyway just wanted to report it.

Peace

Mark

Comments

• cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Congratulations they look like a good group ! :)
  • edited July 2010
    MIG1 wrote: »
    Wen't to my first Buddhist centre:
    http://www.palpung.org.uk/index.html

Mark

You probably won't get to see much of Tai Situpa because I don't think he can get visas out of India at the moment.

Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche is a very entertaining , I've been to some of his talks.

I humbly suggest that you investigate the core teachings of the historical Buddha before commiting yourself to any tradition too quickly, though.

_/\_
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks both, it does feel like a natural progression.
    I humbly suggest that you investigate the core teachings of the historical Buddha before commiting yourself to any tradition too quickly, though.

You're definately right. I have been exploring Buddhism a little I considered Buddhism five years ago but the time wasn't right. I've been listening to Alan Watts on Buddhism a lot and also have a cd of Thich Nhat Hanh. I'm also exploring the four noble truths and i'll have a look at the eightfold path next. Also love some of the sutras, had a look at the heart sutra and diamond sutra. I didn't realise how vast Buddhism is. It seems a lot bigger than traditional Christianity in the sense of texts (don't wan't a philosophical debate lol). I still feel i'd like to have a look at Zen, especially Thich Nhat Hanh.