Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

newbuddhist.com outage?

mugzymugzy Veteran
edited August 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
Hey, was it just me or have there been problems with the site for the last few days? I haven't been able to connect at all. I get the "Looking up newbuddhist.com..." message for a while, then it'll come up and say the site is unavailable.

This is the first time I've been able to get on the forum since (I think) Tuesday. Considering the low number of new threads and posts, I don't think I'm the only one. Just wanted to post this while I can...

:eek:

Any known issues? Or perhaps it's simply a lesson in impermanence?

Comments

• chanrattchanratt Veteran
    edited July 2010
    i have had the same experience with the site. down for a few days
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Apologies for the downtime. There was an error in the DNS at our host; it should be corrected now.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited July 2010
    Yup i thought this place died ! :)
    Good job not. :)
  • edited July 2010
    I was a little bummed when i saw it was down earlier.

Glad to see that everything is running smoothly! :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited July 2010
    caz namyaw wrote: »
    Yup i thought this place died ! :)
    It'd take a LOT to knock this place offline for good without notice. I daresay most Buddhist sites don't have a full-time web developer and former web host administrator for owners. :p
  • edited July 2010
    Did anyone say Impermanence ;)

Seriously, it is bound to happen to any and all sites due to upgrades, provider outages or even something simple like DNS entries.

I think this forum has a great track record and I for one am very thankful that it's here.

So thank you for providing such a friendly and great online Sangha :thumbsup:

Ivan
  • edited July 2010
    Thank you Lincoln, and others involved, for keeping the site up and running. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Olarte wrote: »
    Did anyone say Impermanence ;)

This is our chance to contemplate death ;)
  • edited July 2010
    This is our chance to contemplate death ;)

Man you got that right, one second the forum is alive and well, the next it's gone with no trace and no way to find out what happened. :o

I guess that's sort of how death is one second we are alive and breathing and the next poof... gone! :crazy:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I look upon it as having had a day off.....:D
    edited July 2010
    Lincoln wrote: »
    It'd take a LOT to knock this place offline for good without notice. I daresay most Buddhist sites don't have a full-time web developer and former web host administrator for owners. :p

No one ever thought E-sangha would die ! And shock horror they did ! :lol:
    Of course they created the causes for it to happen with their authoritarian intolerance and so on and so on.

This place has friendlier atmosphere much better. :)
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited August 2010
    caz namyaw wrote: »
    No one ever thought E-sangha would die ! And shock horror they did ! :lol:
    Of course they created the causes for it to happen with their authoritarian intolerance and so on and so on.

This place has friendlier atmosphere much better. :)

Totally agree. E-Sangha should been smashed into a wall 'till it bled to death :wtf:... friendly atmosphere *breathe Jellybean, breathe* :p. I'd hate it if this place closed down, but it would take a lot... we should have a back up forum if the case happens anyway :buck:
    edited August 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    Totally agree. E-Sangha should been smashed into a wall 'till it bled to death :wtf:... friendly atmosphere *breathe Jellybean, breathe* :p. I'd hate it if this place closed down, but it would take a lot... we should have a back up forum if the case happens anyway :buck:

See friend thats part of the negativity that killed that place, Negativity creates the causes for suffering. When they where interacting in such negative manners and not adhering to right speech they effectivly helped destroy themselves.
    edited August 2010
    I was only joking, although I had a friend and she experianced a very bad time on E-Sangha :(
    edited August 2010
    LoveNPeace wrote: »
    I was only joking, although I had a friend and she experianced a very bad time on E-Sangha :(

Most people If you didnt hold the so called right view would have a very bad time there. :(
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited August 2010
    ah, i am a traveler that ended up here via the e-sangha crash. eventually i got sick of waiting and thought, "well, what else is there?"

and i agree. i'm not nearly as afraid to post stupid (but important to me!) questions, haha. i think it is the nature of all message boards to lean toward debate, but this place is a little more respectful when doing it... :D

i really do love this site.
    edited August 2010
    Ditto :eek: :D