Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New to Zazen

edited July 2010 in Meditation
Greetings,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
This looks like a positive forum and I'm happy to have found it. I am in the midst of studying humanistic psychotherapy and am beginning to find my own paths and what is meaningful to me both theoretically and in practice. I ran across some research on the practice of Zazen related to growth through trauma, and existential crisis. Then spoke with a professor about this who sparked my interests. I have just begun simple Zazen and have found it to be such a powerful experience not to act, to sit and not try to do something about my thoughts, issues, feelings; just being, breathing, letting go...So, I wanted to make connections with others who have experience with this. I've been reading a book called Zen and the art of psychotherapy by Robert Rosenbeaum which is beautiful. I wonder about others’ experiences with meditation of different kinds and how this is healing, what comes up, letting go, how this affects life outside of meditation…. This is very new to me as my background is western, Jungian, etc. I look forward to looking at the posts on this forum.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks