Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ayahuasca

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited July 2010 in Meditation
I don't quite know which section to post this thread and I am sure many people will see no point in it what so ever, but seeing as people post things about colours and visions during meditation and find it interesting, here is a thread about something related to it.

Going back thousands of years tribes and cultures have taken hallucinogens thinking they contact gods, see how the universe works or to enter other dimensions. I was toying with the idea yesterday that as we create our world in our minds, that what we see hear etc is fabricated from us, then a hallucinogen is changing that world. Is it possible that these drugs change the chemical make up of our brain enabling us to see a different nature of reality, not a distortion, well actually yes it is seeing as looking at it normally is a distortion, but we are viewing a different side to reality some how.

Hallucinogens are not addictive and used mostly by intellectual people, not crack addicts sitting in a half way house or something, but are still drugs at the end of the day. The strongest and most intriguing is called Ayahuasca which is derivbed from the root of some vine and some other planty stuff. I never got the chance to have some back in the days where I use to experiment with substances as it is so rare and you are advised to take it with a shaman.
Here is a report of someone who experienced it once, it is interesting reading I must say. It is quite lengthy but I found myself captivated in her experience.
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=70143

Tom :)

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
    Alan Watts