Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Help

Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
edited October 2005 in Faith & Religion
No Explanation.A Plea For Help is what i need.

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Silence gets you nowhere.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    "By all means call for help, but at least row away from the rocks"....

what help? :confused:
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Ya..and once i start opening my mouth to tell myproblems..all that i get is stuff that don;t reassure me..why don't just say it to my face..
    edited October 2005
    Anyway..sorry guys if i sound too offensive..just feeling too pissed off with the way life is going..sorry dudes..:(
    edited October 2005
    Maybe I'm not a great help... Fine. But you need to get your problems told so that others can help you.

How do you expect the boy who cried wolf to let the villagers know what danger was there? Simple, he cried "Wolf!", not "Help!"
    edited October 2005
    Darn it..you don't understand..Why can't i make a single person understand...even the girl closest to me don't get it..nvm..i tried crying for help..like the boy..no one will rush to help as i had shouted to often..this time maybe..the wolf will get me too..
    edited October 2005
    He cried for "Wolf" at least. If he simply cried "Help" he would been dead on the first cry while the villagers rushed up carrying nothing to deal with the wolves. And for the past you cry help at least it was understood what you needed and that they were genuine. Do you think the boy would have died if all three cries were true?

There's a moral behind the story.
    edited October 2005
    Nvm..maybe i can never be helped..looks like its back to trying to act like one who believes in mking other peoples life happy..like they appreciate..a forced smile,though it stabs my heart..will at least reassure people around..bye..
    May Your Faith In your religion never waver.
    edited October 2005
    Nonsense! If it doesn't cross the speed of light it can be helped! Yet there were those who said that Man could NEVER reach the Moon. Your problems cannot disappear in a flash. A flash travels at the speed of light... You are expecting it to recover too fast... And our thoughts travel like a few hundred metres a second through the nervous system?

Cry "Wolf", not "help". If even she who is closest do not understand, who will? You should try talking to her again.
    edited October 2005
    And Bring down her feelings with mine?..Think carefully..my problems are just simply minor ones compared to those faced by others by many around us..so you should try helping those out there..rather than waste your time here..anyway..sooner or later we will have to die..so why worry about this nonsesnse..
    edited October 2005
    And it's simply two of us trying now... Rockets weren't the creation of just two people you know... It took a large team.
    edited October 2005
    So why are you worrying about your own nonsense now? And for your information, you worry her twice as much if you don't tell her. She could be speculating worse things than you face.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Argon, my brother,

Peace be with you! I can do little other than offer support and sympathy. I shall also sit for an hour, now, for you, and say the silent Dhikr for your intentions. It is my hope and belief that the interconnectedness of all that is means that our actions can be of benefit to others.

It may also be useful to learn that, in Buddhist psychology, we consider that emotion is the result of the interaction of body and mind. Thus, emotion can be interrupted by beneficial action of the body (exercise, gardening, etc.) or by stilling the mind (meditation). If the emotion is strong, it is essential to begin by action of the body because the aroused physical energy (chemical, electrical and mechanical) must have outlet first.

I shall be back in one hour.
    edited October 2005
    If there is one person I'd want to thank other than my mother and my father, it'd be you, simonthepilgrim, on behalf of my dear friend.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited October 2005
    I've found, over the years, that the help that can come over the 'faceless internet' can be sometimes more appropriate or poignant than help that can come from those around you in regular life.

The distance, the culture differences, the wide variety of perspectives, and the closeness that people who only write to each other share can all provide a totally different kind of help.

We are your friends and your community. You are our brother. You'd be surprised that maybe you could find help here. This is a safe place for you :)

If you would rather not discuss, I have complete respect for that as well. Either way, I hope you find peace this day :)
    edited October 2005
    Really Sorry for putting this irrelevant thread on this area.Guess my imaturity and insensitivity to what other peoples feeling by placing an extra useless thread in a forum full of important discussions.Anyway..thank you Ajani,Brian And Simonthepilgrim..My appreciation and thanks for you are untold..at least I know i have great friends and brothers over the faceless internet.Thanks Again My Brothers and Friends.
    edited October 2005
    You are welcome... And who said it was immature? That guy should be stoned to death! We are here to solve problems, not to listen to sermons...
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited October 2005
    How can a thread be unimportant or useless? To me, at this moment, this thread is the most important one in existence.
    edited October 2005
    It's alright now... Argon's depression is over thanks to his own will and some help here... But really, we are here to get problems solved isn't it? Who said it was unimportant?