Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Death the Greatest Illusion

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited October 2005 in Buddhism Basics
Prior to creating this thread I did read around many other threads and I was like wondering... Yeah, maybe we NEVER die...

Most of us cannot accept rebirth because we take it as between death and rebirth, we have no life. How's this, between them, we do have "life", but "life" here is not defined under the dictionary...

Sounds confusing? Picture this. Imagine our heartbeat is all that determines our time for this body. Upon death there is no heartbeat, but our consciousness stirs... After this our consciousness leaves the dead body and just like the Tibetan Book of Death, finds a new body. Our consciousness here has no "self". It is not pernament, it changes continously as our whole life karma sort of "replays" and changes it many times till we can match and be reborn into one of the many realms we have.

I know this is completely unbelievable and unBuddhistic... But just my thoughts here... I can elaborate further if you want... Death, is the biggest illusion. We think that death is the end. We commit suicide, since this will solve our problems. We don't want to die, because we will have to give up all attachments to this life, but we do not realize, everything is a cause. They do not pernamently hang there. They are effects, and will become causes in the mean time. We must let go upon death, so that our karma can become causes effectively and easily. If not, we will still struggle with our karma upon the stage between death and rebirth, and be reborn into a lower realm, since we seem to particularly enjoy life struggling for our desires...