Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bali Bali Bombili...

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited October 2005 in Buddhism Today
It's sad that Bali has been yet a target for a terrorist attack. As Buddhists, is there anything we can do other than the usual donations and volunteerism?

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    What else is there to do?
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    I don't know... I just feel like doing more... Are there any prayers or mantras or anything in Buddhism to help them? It's unheard of for me to use prayers or anything, being someone very self-dependent but there are exceptions... :bigclap:
  • angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited October 2005
    i 'admire' the people who can recruit the suicide bombers and convince them to do something stupid like that.as our country is still in economic crisis so there are lot of depressed people, later they could become suicidal.give them fanatism and brain washing,voila you'll have an army ready to blow themselves up.
    edited October 2005
    One day perhaps the governments will catch a terrorist and examine his brain... See what the hell is it made of? How come they are driven into such things etc. etc. Then we can use the information to counsel and convince them peacefully, not violently.
    edited October 2005
    And go watching your back angulimala... They say there are still bombs around... Watch yourself well, we don't need to lose any brother on the forum...
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Even in my small town, in the rural Cotswolds, has had two bomb alerts in the past 4 days!
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Its sad to note now that in our world,suicide bombing has become like a plaything..Its like every moment you open the newspaper,you expect to see one article on bombing.When will they ever stop.As to what else we can do..I believe its either donation and lending our strength..or simply by praying for those poor souls who died in the bombings
    May their souls rest in peace.