Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist Podcasts?

mugzymugzy Veteran
edited October 2010 in Arts & Writings
Can anybody recommend some good podcasts? I just got an iPod so it'd be nice to have some have some dharma teachings to listen to at work. So far the only local one I've only found the Diamond Way Buddhist Center, but I would enjoy listening to what others have found meaningful. Many thanks!

Comments

• ChrysalidChrysalid Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Have you ever listened to any of the "Bad Buddha" stuff? I think he's completely secular in his thinking, but if you would be interested in something a little different then you might enjoy them.

http://www.badbuddhistradio.com/pc01.html
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I like Ken McLeod's stuff. (He's my teacher.) His Ideology and Wisdom series is a good place to start.
  • edited August 2010
    Buddhist Geeks - for the younger (not necessarily?) crowd
  • edited August 2010
    Hiya Mugzy,

I strongly recommend these :

http://www.amaravati.org/abmnew/index.php/teachings/audio

:)
  • edited August 2010
    I can't believe no one recommended Sravasti Abbey.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, and I just noticed that if you search through the Buddhism section of the podcasts, you actually can see there are many Christian podcasts being included in the Buddhism section. I guess it's their way of evangelism. Just to let these people know, if they are reading the forums, that an episode or 2 talking about Buddhism does not make you a Buddhist podcast.
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I noticed all the Christian stuff too, I thought that was pretty messed up.

Thanks to everyone who gave recommendations! I've got a lot of good stuff to listen to.
    :thumbsup:
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited August 2010
    I don't know how to link to stuff in the itunes store, but I love the talks on the Audio Dharma podcast. Tara Brach has some great podcasts up, too.
  • edited August 2010
    i love ajahm brahm.
    ----edit
    i love his podcasts
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited August 2010
    TreeLuvr87 wrote: »
    I don't know how to link to stuff in the itunes store, but I love the talks on the Audio Dharma podcast. Tara Brach has some great podcasts up, too.

I am a devoted listening to Tara Brach (in fact I was just listening to a podcast in the car when I was on my way home from dropping Mini Me to school this morning).

I also recommend the Dharma Podcasts and Buddhist teachings by Robina Courtin.

In metta,
    Raven
  • edited August 2010
    check out abhayagiri.org that's where i get most of my damma talks to listen to at work, myself.
  • GlowGlow Veteran
    edited August 2010
    Dharma Seed <- the most extensive collection of dharma talks I've ever found. Also see my thread here for some more.
  • mugzymugzy Veteran
    edited September 2010
    I am a devoted listening to Tara Brach (in fact I was just listening to a podcast in the car when I was on my way home from dropping Mini Me to school this morning).

I also recommend the Dharma Podcasts and Buddhist teachings by Robina Courtin.

Here are the links I found for those two on iTunes, Tara Brach and Robina Courtin. TreeLuvr recommended the Audio Dharma. Some other good ones I found are the Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive and the Teachings of Lama Surya Das.

I appreciate all the input on this thread!
  • edited September 2010
    I would stay away from Michael Roach. He doesn't have so good as a reputation. The office of HH the Dalai Lama said to stay away from controversial teachers , the email was specifically about Geshe Michael Roach.
  • TripleGemTripleGem New
    edited October 2010