Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

More Bombings

Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
edited October 2005 in General Banter
More violent attacks..What more have I to say..Comments or theories on the attacks are welcome here..Thank You.
May Your Faith In Your Religion Not Waver.

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Everything I have got to say is in the Straits Times today...
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Ok..Any OTHERS..aside form ajani..
    edited October 2005
    OKOK I'll say some for the global villagers we got here...

Summary of article: Terrorism sucks, and we shall not bow to it.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2005
    I also don't know what to say.

I find it so far removed from anything that I've ever experienced in my life.

How does one believe in something so strong that they are willing to take their life and the life of others to uphold it.

I guess the same could be said with war - but I'm looking at terrorism being slightly different from "war", per se.

I actually can hardly watch "Funniest Home Videos" and the likes when it shows people slipping, falling, getting hit, etc. - I just have a hard time seeing people get hurt in everyday situations much less being someone that causes death and destruction on a personal level.

It's just totally beyond anything I can comprehend doing or consider doing.

-bf
  • edited October 2005
    I agree with Buddha foot. I just can't imagine causing pain, suffering and death to others because Iof something I believe in. I just don't understand it at all. But I would guess that the people that are doing these bombings have been raised to believe that it is the right thing to do - it is probably the only thing they have ever known. Heck, I can't even kill spiders or bugs - if they are in my house, I put them outside in our garden!
    edited October 2005
    In my house, I'm the official bugkiller... My mum and sisters run off when they see cockroaches and little pests... So I'm the only guy apart from my dad and I get the duty of killing bugs... But I always let them go :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    buddhafoot wrote:
    It's just totally beyond anything I can comprehend doing or considering doing.

-bf

I'll tell you what I find it difficult to get my head round....
    There are people in this world who go to work every day, and their job is to invent, design, create and produce weaponry & machinery that is designed, created and produced, to do as much damage as possible to another living being... I'm probably coming over as incredibly naïve, because it's also a question of supply & demand....
    But it astonishes me that these people can actually do this in the first place..... Can anyone explain how they can justify this, or even live with themselves? It's not even as if they can say that these weapons are for a specific market.... (ie, the "Good Guys"....!) Anyone gets hold of them....
    edited October 2005
    I think it's time the media decided to use something for these terrorists... Not term them "Muslims" but simply "Sunnis" because they have reached a point where they are outside Islam.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited October 2005
    I find it sad and terrible that so many people are dead, as well as hurt, because another individual allowed their greed, hatred, and delusion to blind them of the suffering they were about to cause.

The "why's" and "how's" don't surprise me, it's the habitual reactions of the rest of the world that surprise me. Each time something like this happens people get confused. They don't understand how it could have happened, why it could have happened, and they usually decide the first thing to do afterwards is catch and kill those responsible. Terrible acts of violence will aways be a part of our world. The world itself is imperfect, or maybe better said, the world is not how we wish it to be. Nature is amazing and beautiful, beyond any grasp of the imagination, however, nature is also impartial. The conditions for violence are there, so there is violence.

It grieves us all to have to live in a world where violence is present. We do not wish to suffer, nor do we wish to cause others to suffer. Unfortunetly, the conditions for this suffering are present (the defilements: greed, hatred, and delusion). We as caring humans try our best to remove these conditions, but sadly they are still here. That being said, we should not give up trying. As much suffering as there is in this world, there is an equal amount of love, kindness, forgiveness, and support. These acts of destruction should be reminders to us all that there is still work to be done. There are still people to help. There is still love to be shared.

The world may not be perfect, and we may not be perfect either, but that doesn't mean we can try to fix that.

Jason