Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Re: Have Toyota Mantra will travel..

edited October 2005 in General Banter
Forgive me for the title it just seemed like a better title than travel. I love more than anything to travel I feel that I am only truly living when I travel. I am aware there are lots of different nationalities who use this site. I am wondering what there views are on International travel.

What are your favourite destinations ,Indai ,Thailand, Loa or Vegas ?
Do you feel fazed by the threat of terrorism?
I am partically interested by our America friends.
Have you travel to many Buddhist temples Asia.
If so where and which do you recommend?
What are you favourite dishes while travelling?
What is next on your you list?
Which are your favourite Airlines?
Have you had any mind blowing experience whilst travelling, good or bad?

Don't worry this NOT a market survey I am just interesting by people?

All view very welcome....

HH

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    Actually, I found this thread the other day and meant to reply...;
    My dream is to visit Japan... not as your archetypal tourist, but just to visit and see temples and tranquil gardens, then compare them to the frenetic crazy hubbub that is contemporary Tokyo.... I'd love to participate in a traditional Tea Ceremony, then watch young Japanese men, all looking like Elvis dancing in the park, or see some of the ultra-hip modern young women, and some of the outrageous clothes and make up they wear!

I love Japanese food.... and would love to eat authentically prepared seasonal delicacies... I'd even be prepared or tempted to try Fugu.... !

I love flying.... The best airline I personally have ever flown with is the now defunct British Caledonian. The service, food and general standard were matchless. Their slogan used to be "We never forget you have a choice". Alas, they were swallowed up by British Airways.... :(

I'd also love to visit America. Nick has been and loved it... but I have no idea where we'd go, what we'd see or where we'd stay.... :D

I'm sure I could call upon some friends I "met" to maybe visit them for a short while....!!
  • edited October 2005
    I have never been to Japan but like you would also love to go. I have a friend of mine who went out there to do some research on monkeys in Asia. He ended up giving up research and getting a job a Soccer journalist Japan. He was out there for about 2 to 3 years and loved it. He now works for the Daily Mail, the news paper for velvet Fascists.
    If I went I would want to try out a Ryokan and live it. Thanks for replying , I am getting concerned though that not many people have travelled on this sign as I love swapping travel stories and tips.
  • edited October 2005
    Herman,

I was trans-Atlantic three times before I was 1!

SO that's set the precedent for me and travel.

Personally I've been to many places but the country that helped me to grow up the most was Nepal - the Himalayian kingdom.

It was there that the imbalanced nature of of 'modern' world hit me full in the face and helped me to change my life. I was on the Public School fastrack to becoming some egotistical hotshot lawyer (straight out of some terrible 80s film). In Nepal I realised the futility of all of that (for me) as the Sherpas I met danced with the joy of living with nil materialistic propects.

It was in Nepal that I was first exposed to Buddhism as a living breathing practice and it was there that I felt Shakyamuni's ripples in the lake of existence. It took another 3 years for me to realise that I was the lake - as much as the ripples.

"If you can't find the truth where you are, where else do you expect to find it?"
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    I love the quotation at the end of your post BSF... But UI'm going to pretend I don't have a clue as to what you're talking about... so I'm going to try "looking" for it as far and as much as I can.... and then I'll let you know how I got on....!! :tongue2: :D
  • edited October 2005
    lol