Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pure Land on Earth

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited October 2005 in Buddhism Basics
As governments and organisations move in to make the world a better place, I expect people to become happier and more content... And soon enough, we may have a "Pure Land" on Earth. Is Buddhism still relevant then? In a world where material desires are satisfied easily, and no one is attached to them?

Comments

• kinleekinlee Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Material desires are never enough and never statisfied.

Better cars, bigger house, faster computers etc ...

cheers,
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Currently I believe most of us here do not get attached to stuff yet enjoy material stuff, isn't it?

The point is not satisfaction, it's contentment. And the point is not enough or not enough, it is contetment again.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    And I daresay now, a Pure Land exists, because my sense of perception feels so. "Pure land" has its truest roots in the way you see the world. My world is fantastic.
  • kinleekinlee Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Beauty lies in the eyes of beholder. And yes Pure Land is not physical exsistence, it is in the heart of the practistioner. Congrats.
    Na Mo A Mi Tuo Fo.

cheers,