Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bioluminescent

edited October 2005 in Sanghas
Hey everyone, I get the succinct feeling that I'm not very popular on this forum thus far:p but I'll keep at it...I am still as of yet new to this way of life known as Buddhism; perhaps I'm nervous to really devote myself to a particular way of living, especially one I don't really have time to get to know about. I'm trying to make time however, and I'm wondering about locations of any sanghas in the central New Jersey area, Ocean County or
any counties around it, to be specific. I have read about several prominent Buddhist centers that I could easily reach, but I think I am nervous to really dive in so deep so quick; I'd much rather ease myself into it casually, without pressure..not there would be any pressure so to speak. So anyway, if anyone can help, or even if anyone is from the area, I'd great appreciate a response. Thanks.

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited October 2005
    What gives you that feeling? :(

I hope nobody gave you the impression that you are not welcome here. I am very appreciative of every new member :thumbsup:
  • edited October 2005
    Oh no I'm sure there are no negative feelings amongst anyone, I was just presupposing because I'm not as intuitive or knowledgeable as the rest, I guess. No worries.
  • edited October 2005
    Ditto to what Brian said. I hope none of us have made you feel as though you were not "welcome" in any way.
  • edited October 2005
    Oh no I'm sure there are no negative feelings amongst anyone, I was just presupposing because I'm not as intuitive or knowledgeable as the rest, I guess. No worries.

Oh goodness...I am not NEARLY as knowledgeable as others on here! Don't let that stop you from asking questions! That's how you become more knowledgeable! :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005

Listen, Mal, Ol' Buddy, never pre-suppose anything.... It takes all sorts to make this world, and I can promise you nobody on this site ever puts themselves forward as being either better or worse than anyone else! We're all different, and thank Giddy Gosh for that! We need as varied and diverse a group of people as we can get, because everyone - regardless of their Religious or cultural persuasion - will at one time or another have something valuable, interesting & worthwhile to contribute. Oh, and we all jus' love to have a good kid-around too!!

You are VERY welcome here! Join in, have fun and enjoy!!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2005
    I was going to throw in m obligatory "Hey Mal - beat it!" tongue-in-cheek response to Mal - but I want him to stay too!

Stay Mal, Stay!

Write something to us!

-bf