Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Fasting

Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
edited October 2005 in General Banter
Its fasting time in Singapore..And to all the Muslims,or maybe just anyone out there wo are fasting,Happy fasting..Selamat Berpuasa..Anyway..I have some queires about the fasting month..Anyone can help and give me suitable afvice?
:grin:

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    What do you want to knw, Argon?
  • edited October 2005
    I know a little about fasting...what do you need to know?
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Just a few questions.For I am afraid that some of the actions that I take may disturb my fasting.
    My first question.This may sound insignificant but I really need to know wheter we are allowed to listen to music during fasting.When I say music,I mean listening to our mp3's.To me,its like listening to this stuff will make our mind stray away.Furthermore,I have been told before that its not encouraged to listen to the music.
    If we are allowed to listen,Then are they any restrictions on the kind of songs?
    Sorry if I sound too ignorant about certain aspects.
    Thanks,in advance.
  • edited October 2005
    Sorry...can't help you on that one. I am not sure what the rules are about music during fasting.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    As long as your heart and mind are one with the al-Yatib, you will feel that your heartbeat itself feels like music.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful,

Does the music to which you listen help you in your jihad? If so, listen. If it is a distraction, don't listen.

This is not doctrine but only a personal opinion.
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited October 2005
    I see.So its all in a from of your own self.If I feel that the music lets my mind go astray,then I should stop myself from listening to them at all.Thanks for your help,guys.Appreciate it.Once again,happy Fasting.Selamat Berpuasa!
    :grin: