Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Crappy Teen's Apologies

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited October 2005 in General Banter
Sorry to all of you who have had to see my load of crap. It just so happens that I am a curious and dammed accursed stupid immature guy by nature, that's why I picked up Buddhism to change myself, but it seems like it has got little effect over my way of shooting nonsense, though it has shown considerable success over other areas of my life.

Pardon me for posting anymore controversial stuff; this is how I'm like. I tried to change, I really did. Again stop me if I get too far, and take it as blabber from an idiotic kid.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    * NOT MODERATING:*

I suppose this applies to both you and Argon.aid:
    The exams you take will require answers based solely, purely and simply on what you have learnt from your text books in school. Take the information given then, and work purely and simply on that.
    You have the most wonderful resource literally at your fingertps: the Internet. There is a wealth of information there just waiting to be discovered. You can find out all you need to know there. There are many posts on this forum - on many subjects - which have internet links to provide you with information on that particular thread or subject.

And I will tell you both what has once been said to me, which I found good advice:
    Use the amount of ears you have in proportion to the amount of mouth. That is, listen twice as much as you speak. Because while you speak, you can't be learning or listening!
    In terms of posting on threads, then, "Listen"/(read) more than you "speak"/(type). You will learn and appreciate much more that way.
    To have a young person saying things like 'anti-semitic crap' or 'no more making Churchill sound like the Saver of Europe when it's kind of obvious it was Stalin...' is ill-timed, tactless and to some, highly offensive and hurtful.

Many members of this forum are old enough to be your parents. They have experienced many things you have not. Cultural and Environmental differences aside, we can all learn from one another and contribute, but nothing makes up for the experience.

The third 'Step' on the Eightfold Path is 'Right Speech'.....

(This post is duplicated in the thread 'Heroes'.)

• edited October 2005
    Very good advice, fede. Ajani...I am glad you are here. Being a teenager is tough and it shows a lot about who you are just by you being here. You will certainly learn a lot from others here.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Thank you for the apology, Ajani, although I am not sure it is necessary.

Be under no illusions: the points you raise are important ones. Those of us of greater age imagine that what we know is true. we also imagine that our experiences will, somehow, filter down to the next generations. And neither is necessarily so!

To some of us, Hitler and Stalin (not to mention Franco, Tito and Mao) were alive and active in our own lifetimes. We saw the results of their reigns of terror. To us, it is inconceivable that the argument that "they made the trains run on time" could justify what they ordered and carried out.

But it is good to be reminded that we, of the Tribe of Elders, have a duty to the young. We must tell them the stories of our youth. And we must remember that space and time draw a veil over horror. If you have not been told the truth about the Dictatorships, it is not your fault but ours!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2005
    You know Ajani/Simon this is very interesting in a way...

We have people that are older and have lived (possibly) through some of these experiences or were old enough to see the immediate after effects of certain historical events.

Now, we are to a point where the people that lived through this are dead and gone and we only have the "history" that is being written today and taught to people in school. It's interesting how history can change so much that, in some cases, it doesn't even follow what might have actually happened.

Ajani - you're fine. I think you should just keep doing what you're doing. Maybe we'll all learn something.

-bf
  • edited October 2005
    Im an iodiotic kid to lol...
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited October 2005
    I realized only today I do learn something... In the future I'll be in your shoes trying to convince some punk of my version of history :(... This is sad when I don't even know what is the truth...
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited October 2005
    ajani_mgo wrote:
    I realized only today I do learn something... In the future I'll be in your shoes trying to convince some punk of my version of history :(... This is sad when I don't even know what is the truth...
    Well, we've still got a good five years before we're old and crusty. I wouldn't worry *too* much yet. :rockon: