Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Understanding

edited October 2005 in Faith & Religion
I was raised you get up and Sundays go to church, come home and your day will start then. Growing up I have always had many question about the " right way" to belive. I have friends and many of them with differnt ways of looking at thing. Some times I talk back, but most of the time I sit there. I have only looked at buddisam for a week. Maybe I have just lost my faith in anything.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited October 2005
    Hello ektripps, and welcome to our forum.
    Is there something you'd like to ask, then? :)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited October 2005
    Hello Ektripps,

Welcome to this gentle oasis in the deserts of faith! You sound confused and upset (or maybe I only project LOL). Take your time. Please ask questions, share your own answers, or just read what (some - you know who you are!) nice people write here.

As you will see, many of us have managed to escape from "Churchianity" into greener pastures.
  • edited October 2005
    ektripps wrote:
    I was raised you get up and Sundays go to church, come home and your day will start then. Growing up I have always had many question about the " right way" to belive. I have friends and many of them with differnt ways of looking at thing. Some times I talk back, but most of the time I sit there. I have only looked at buddisam for a week. Maybe I have just lost my faith in anything.

You'll find a lot of people here who have had similar experiences. I used to be Catholic. Then I tried out Pentacostalism. Then, I went through a period where I wasn't Christian, but was still a theist - although I was starting to question that. Now I'm an atheist and a Buddhist. It's been quite a journey so far. Lot's of confusion, doubt, fear, etc. But it does get easier.