Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

sound/visual

edited October 2010 in Meditation
I was just meditating and got in probably the deepest concentration i've been in since I started meditating.(not long) anyways shortly after getting into that deep concentration my ears started to ring and I saw lights.(eyes were closed) I think I read that something like this can happen if you're deep in concentration but your mind somehow isn't stable or one-pointed enough or something. what do you guys think?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    when you start looking closely at the mind you sometimes notice it's pretty crazy and does all sorts of silly things.
  • edited October 2010
    I'm frustrated cuz I stopped shortly after. I struggle with just accepting and not thinking about it when unusual things happen. This makes it difficult to progress as far as i'd like in meditation, cuz every time I reach a new stage I get excited and think "wow this is sweet." Not saying that this sound and light was necessarily a good thing, but new levels in general.
  • edited October 2010
    TheJourney wrote: »
    I'm frustrated cuz I stopped shortly after. I struggle with just accepting and not thinking about it when unusual things happen. This makes it difficult to progress as far as i'd like in meditation, cuz every time I reach a new stage I get excited and think "wow this is sweet." Not saying that this sound and light was necessarily a good thing, but new levels in general.

It's not a problem. You experience something new and it's quite normal to get excited. Pretty hard not to, actually. Just keep meditating.
  • edited October 2010
    username_5 wrote: »
    It's not a problem. You experience something new and it's quite normal to get excited. Pretty hard not to, actually. Just keep meditating.

Yea true, thanks.

And I guess getting frustrated isn't good. How can I get frustrated with what is? It simply is. ya know ya know
  • edited October 2010
    i think that you gotta just keep rolling & dont bugger or switch on the lights unless the catapult says so.... old buddhists don't rhyme unless they have to and jack sprack doesn't yack unless he's got a knife in his back
  • ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, you need to observe rather than react. I haven't mastered that yet either. Sometimes I feel like there's a rush of energy going through my body (or lack thereof) and then I start trying to feel that rush... then I just tense up and get my body back. I can't help but find that feeling interesting, so I can't observe it in a detached manner yet.