Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• ShiftPlusOneShiftPlusOne Veteran
    edited October 2010
    What do you expect from a blog?

Hell, even newspapers present 10 year old events as news... for example 'spidergoats'.

As for the research, there's nothing wrong with that. There are many studies which look at meditation and stress. New studies just confirm the results, so that's a good thing... bring them on.
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I'm happy to see it. I find it humorous that it's presented as if it's "news" or something. I think they should put it in the drinking water! :)
  • edited October 2010
    This is actually about Lojong. So there is a bit of "newness" for mainstream media anyways.
  • ChrysalidChrysalid Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Hell, even newspapers present 10 year old events as news... for example 'spidergoats'.
    And where can one purchase these spidergoats? I ask for a ... friend, who is not at all involved with breeding chimera super-monsters.
    edited October 2010
    lol

Here's an article about them from 10 years ago
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/889951.stm

I see the same story almost every year. Same researchers, same goats, same everything... just different year... and it's always presented as news.

They might get over it now that they have managed to make silkworms do the same thing (the fibres aren't as strong though).
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited October 2010
    WHOA SPIDERGOATS ARE AWESOME! I need to read the news more often.
    edited October 2010
    Actually messing with genes like that is pretty dangerous. We dismiss whole chunks of DNA as 'junk DNA' simply because we don't know what it does.
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    edited October 2010
    There is a ton of scientific study of meditation if it interests you. This organization keeps up with most if not all of it.

http://www.noetic.org/library/publication-books/physical-and-psychological-effects-meditation/
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Meditation reduces stress?!?!?!

I refuse to believe that! oh no, my heart!

HHHHNNNNNGGGGGG!
  • nanadhajananadhaja Veteran
    edited October 2010
    TreeLuvr87 wrote: »
    WHOA SPIDERGOATS ARE AWESOME! I need to read the news more often.
    I remember spider pig from the simpsons movie:lol:
  • TreeLuvr87TreeLuvr87 Veteran
    edited October 2010
    nanadhaja wrote: »
    I remember spider pig from the simpsons movie:lol:

Haha I love spiderpig! ♫ Spiderpig, spiderpig, does whatever a spiderpig does ♫ :lol:
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited October 2010
    Someone should do a study of the bizarre tangents that online discussion forums generate. You could graph it as bizarreness of tangent as a function of the number of posts it takes to get that bizarre :)