Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Problem letting go of meditation.

edited October 2010 in Meditation
Has anyone ever had trouble coming out of their meditation time? I'm slow coming back to 'the real world.' Suggestions?

Comments

• edited October 2010
    My only suggestion is dont rush, take your time and enjoy the immediate effects of the practice. Personally, following my formal meditation practice, I just sit on the cusion for a bit enjoying the shrine, the peacfulness, the calmness and contentment. On some occasions I read a small exerpt from my current book. Taking advantage of the time of clarity of mind to fully absorb and enjoy it. I dont jump straight up thinking "well thats that" and rush off to work, or to boil the kettle etc.
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited October 2010
    I only wish I had that "problem"!!
  • edited October 2010
    I like to take advantage of this state of mind.

I usually go out into the back yard with a cup of coffee and just enjoy my mindfulness connection with nature. The clouds, a tree, the sounds. It is all there and so am I. Don't see it as a problem at all, but as a little benefit of my efforts.
  • edited October 2010
    Mountains wrote: »
    I only wish I had that "problem"!!
    Someone posted a great site http://www.urbandharma.org/ It's been very helpful with meditation.